We celebrated SIX years of marital bliss 🙂 over the weekend!
Anderson and I went to St. Augustine, ate at our favorite restaurants, stayed at the prettiest hotel in town, and road a scoot coupe all over. It was definitely one of my favorite getaways ever! I love reminiscing on our wedding day every year. Six years later, it’s still the happiest day of my life. God’s grace was so evident that day, and I’m so grateful that he brought Anderson to me. Our story is one of redemption and grace. We are blessed beyond measure!
Back to St. Augustine… here are a few things we think you should do when you visit:
– Have dinner at Gypsy Cab Company. Try the Cheese Spedini appetizer and someone at your table must order Gypsy Chicken, so everyone can taste it! Did I mention we love this place? They also serve lunch!
– Stop at Cousteau’s Waffle and Milkshake Bar for breakfast or dessert… or both! This place is only a few months old, but it’s already a local favorite. If you go late at night you’ll probably have to wait a while. But it’s worth it! The Life on Mars waffle is to-die-for! The names of all the menu items come from The Life Aquatic, and if you wear a red beanie you get 10% off!
– Stay at the Casa Monica. It’s part of the Autograph Collection, and the property is gorgeous! Get an early check-in and late check out, so you can spend time at the beautiful pool area.
– Drive or walk over the Bridge of Lions and take in all the beautiful sailboats (and pirate ships!) in the Matanzas Bay.
– Walk St. George Street at night. I’ve walked up and down that strip many times during the day, but it has a completely different feel at night. Most of the tourists are nursing a sunburn somewhere, so the street has a peaceful, almost deserted feel and lots of the stores are still open!
– Check out the Lightner Museum, Flagler College, and even the Castillo De San Marcos (the old fort). You can pay to tour these spots, or just wander around on your own. That’s the way we do it! You can eat in an old indoor swimming pool inside the Lightner, and the grounds at Flagler are incredible! I find the history of these old buildings completely fascinating.
– If you’re feeling adventurous rent a scoot coupe and pray you survive! We drove one of these all over town and laughed the whole time!
And a few cell phone pics:
What do YOU like to do in St. Augustine?!?