A few years back I wrote this post reviewing some sunless tanning products, but I’ve found some new favorites since then and thought it was time for a little update. My friend Eden came over (she hosts a local entertainment tv show) and we made a little video about these products and why I use them. Click here to watch the video!
1. Vita Liberata Phenomenal 2-3 week Self Tan Mousse – While most of the tanning products I use are from my local drugstore, I wanted to try a high-end tanner too. So I picked this one up from Sephora. Based on the price I wanted it to be amazing. But the application was actually really hard. It’s a mousse, so it’s not creamy and easy to rub in like a lotion. I found that it didn’t rub in well at all and was really streaky. I loved the (unfortunately uneven) color, and this one had no smell at all. Then I tried it again and mixed it with regular body lotion before rubbing it in… even though the bottle specifically says no to do that, and it rubbed in so much better. The color also lasts a long time. If you are really pale or just want a tan that will last almost 2 weeks, this is a great one!
2. Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days To Glow Moisturizer – When I saw that Jergens supposedly removed the smell from their self tanners I was the first in line to buy it… but they LIED about this one! It still stinks. I used the medium-to-tan version, and it did give me a nice glow after just one application, but I didn’t sleep well the night I put it on, because the smell kept waking me up. I’m totally serious. I’d skip this one, girls. And guys. :)
3. L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Mist – This is my current favorite tanning product. I love the color and since it’s a mist, I can spray it on my back with no problems. Typically, I use this mist right after a shower. It smells weird when you first spray it, but if you give it a few minutes to dry and soak in, the smell goes away. And the color is great!
4. Jergens Natural Glow + PROTECT Daily Moisturizer SPF 20 – Jergens did a much better job with this lotion! It barely has a trace of “that” smell. I think it’s because it is meant to build a gradual tan and doesn’t have as much color in it. When I put it on before bed I could smell it just a little, but by the next day it was gone. I used the medium-to-tan in this one too, and the color is really pretty. More tan than orange. And it has spf 20! Sunscreen that gives me a tan? Yes, please! If you already have a tan and just want a little more color, or if you don’t mind applying every day until your tan builds up, this lotion is perfect. And you can’t beat the price!
5. Australian Gold Sunscreen With Instant Bronzer – We spend a lot of days at the beach and pool during the summer, and I don’t ever wear less than SPF 30. But you wouldn’t believe how much of a glow I still get. :) Especially when I use this sunscreen. It’s my favorite! Australian Gold products smell so good, and this one has Kona Coffee infused bronzers. That means you put this lotion on and instantly have a gorgeous bronze glow while still protecting your skin from the sun. Win-Win!
Have you tried any sunless tanners? Any success stories? Or orange/streaky horror stories? Those are more fun. :)