When I found out we were going to have a baby I started praying for the little booger immediately. At times I’ve wondered what I should specifically be praying for. Then one day God brought this verse to my mind.
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
This has become my constant prayer for our son, and I thought it would be really cool to have a reminder in his room! We used a lot of bright colors with a little bit of a retro vibe in the nursery, so I wanted this piece of art to look similar to a vintage bus blind. I love how it turned out and wanted to share a little DIY post with you. It’s an idea that you can use in any room of your home!
1. Have a large piece of wood cut to size at your local home improvement store. I knew that I wanted mine to take up the entire wall behind the crib, so I had it cut to 4’x3′.
2. Purchase large letter decals. I found 6″ letters at Office Depot.
3. I wanted the lines to be spaced evenly, so I used a ruler and pencil and drew lines where the letters should go. Then I placed the letters without sticking them to make sure it looked right. You could also just eye it if you don’t have the patience for this.
4. Stick the letters to the wood and use something with a flat edge to make sure you don’t have any bubbles. Credit cards work great!
5. Here’s the tricky part. I used spray paint, but the wood soaked it up so much that I ended up having to roll paint the whole piece-AGH! Maybe a different type of wood would have been easier to spray.
6. Once the paint is dry, carefully peel the letters from the wood and rough up the whole thing with sand paper to give it a more worn look.
Ta-Dahh! We screwed it directly to the wall, and that’s pretty much it.
I’ll post more pictures of the nursery soon!!!
I *COMPLETELY* adore this! GREAT idea!
Correction, she DOES love it….you just can't see her sweet huge happy smile. I'm sure she hangs out with you regularly. Probably when you feel at your sassiest.
What a wonderful idea, to constantly remind you what the Lord wants. I love it. Can't wait to see that sweet baby boy. What a blessin he will be to you.
And by local hardware store she means Ace Hardware…because Ace is the place! 🙂
haha, meg… so TRUE!
Grandma Shirley would have loved this too. 🙂
aw! that’s so true, she would’ve!
I was excited to see your DIY, but then when I read the story behind the sign it really touched me. Nothing better than hearing from the Lord!
Comments are closed.