– A stranger walked up to us in a store and told us we were, “Doing a great job with our sweet little boy.” We thanked her and quickly walked away before he threw a tantrum and ruined our reputation.
– I tested out my mom intimidation skills and did quite nicely. What is it with moms who only have boys? Is it just me or are they really scary and intimidating? I’ve always thought this, and since I now find myself a member of their exclusive club I decided to try my skills the other day. We were in a restaurant, and a girl was being too friendly (if you ask me) with Kingston. She was dancing around, twirling her blonde ringlets, and basically being a total Jezebel. Of course, Kingston was eating it up. I told Anderson I didn’t like her. He laughed. She eventually looked my way, and we locked eyes. I gave her THE LOOK. She understood and backed off. She was 4.
– Anderson’s work schedule is brutal right now, BUT it allows him to have time off during the week, so we’ve enjoyed random time together on weekdays. Nice!
– Kingston loves taking medicine. When I tell him he needs to take some he runs to the meds cabinet, opens it up, sits on the floor, and just stares inside. It’s like he’s trying to figure out what yumminess I’m about to hand out. This is coming in handy right now, because he has 2 ear infections. No worries. We have delicious medicine for that.
– Tropical Storm Debbie left behind a colony of frogs in our neighborhood. Hundreds (maybe thousands) of teeny tiny gross frogs are all over the yard, driveway, sidewalk, patio. Ugh. They are freaking Anderson out!
– Living with a parrot. I mean, I don’t exactly have a potty mouth, but some of my favorite phrases like, “What the crap?” are now being repeated. Great. He doesn’t like to eat solid food, but he can say “What the crap?”
– Anderson and I were getting ready for bed really late the other night, and we couldn’t find our toothpaste. Anywhere. Sticky Fingers takes everything and leaves/hides it all over the house.